We have finally reached football season and I would bet we aren’t the only one’s excited about it! It’s a time to get together with family and friends and enjoy the excitement of each game. Since many join in the fun of tailgating, we wanted to share three cleaver & different ways you can utilize our freezable bags at your next gathering!
#1 GAME DAY COCKTAIL
Often when people think of tailgating drinks, a cold beer comes to mind! However, today we are elevating our game day drink by creating a sangria perfect to kick off tonight’s first NFL game! This Berry Sangria is refreshing, light, and a great alternate option to beer.
What you’ll need:
- 1 bottle of your favorite red wine
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of blueberries, 1 cup of blackberries
- 1 can of ginger ale
- 2 oz of blackberry liqueur
- ¼ cup of agave
- In a large pitcher, add in all your different fruits. We used fresh fruit, but you can also use frozen fruit in this recipe. Once your fruit is at the base of the pitcher, gently muddle your fruit with a large spoon to extract more juice and flavor.
- Then you’ll pour your ginger ale, blackberry liqueur, and agave on top and mix together. The final ingredient is your bottle of red wine.
- Pour in the entire bottle and mix all ingredients together. The longer you let the sangria sit, the more the ingredients will infuse together and the better it tastes!
- Pour your sangria in a medium sized mason jars leaving some room at the top for extra fruit or ice and secure the lids tight.
- Once it’s time to join the party, stack these jars and transport them in our Buffalo Check Freezable Lunch Bag to keep your drink chilled for the big game!
#2 USE OUR BENTO BOX TO TRANSPORT DRINK / FOOD TOPPINGS
When it comes to sangria, we think you can never have too much fruit! Therefore, we packed our bento box with extra fruit for guests to add into their drink. This bento box is great to keep toppings separate and organized in one place. Place your Bento Box in our Freezable Bento Sleeve to keep the fruit chilled on the go.
Now that your sangria and drink toppings are packed and ready to go – it’s time to get ready for game night! Break out your mason jars, your side of fruit and let your guests enjoy the drink while cheering on their team!
#3 KEEP TOWELS CHILLED IN OUR FREEZABLE LUNCH BAG
PackIt’s cooling technology is great for many reasons beyond keeping food and drinks cool! Our Freezable Lunch Bags can keep wet towels cool for hours! So, on game day when you’re out there in the heat, grab a towel, wrap it around your wrist, neck, or forehead and cool your body down!
For our tailgate, we used bandanas the color of the team we are rooting for over towels. The reason for using bandanas is they’re easy to wrap around your neck, wrist, or head. Also, once chilled, they not only act as a tool to cool your body temperature, but act as team spirit gear as well!
We simply wet the bandanas in cold water and wrung the extra water out. We then placed them in a container, you can also use a plastic bag, and placed them in a PackIt to keep them cool for hours! You can even freeze your bandana or towels over night, after getting them wet, to add an extra level of cool!
Once you’re at your tailgate, keep your PackIt bag in a shaded area to get the most out of our cooling technology for the longest amount of time possible. When you’re feeling the heat and it’s becoming unbearable, cool down by grabbing one of your bandanas and wrapping it around your wrist! It will cool you down and feel great in the heat!