We are always trying to find ways to pack healthier lunches and incorporate more nutrition into our meals. Using avocados as a base for your lunch, provides you with the right ingredients to fuel your body throughout the day.
For each of the meals, use ripe avocados, but not too ripe avocados. You’ll cut them in half and remove the pit along with a thin layer of the avocado to make room for the filling.
Recipe #1: Tuna Stuffed Avocado
You can make the tuna to your liking, but here is how we made ours!
- 1 can tuna
- 2 tbsp. mayo or greek yogurt (if you don't mind the tang)
- 1 sprinkle dried dill (to taste)
- Salt and pepper as needed
1) In a small mixing bowl, stir together the tuna, mayo or greek yogurt and dill.
2) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3) Fill the avocado halves with tuna salad and serve
Recipe #2: Caprese Stuffed Avocado
- 1 pint red or yellow (or both) cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 (8-oz) package mozzarella pearls
- ¼ cup basil garlic olive oil
- 4 to 6 T balsamic glaze
1) Place the tomatoes and mozzarella pearls in a small bowl with basil garlic olive oil and toss to coat. Use immediately or refrigerate. If refrigerated, remove from refrigerator 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
2) Cut avocados in half lengthwise. Remove pits and carefully. Spoon Caprese filling into avocado halves. drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
Recipe #3: Taco Stuffed Avocado
- 1 pack ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 stalks of green onion
- cheese to top it off
1) Coat medium frying pan with oil and place on medium/high heat. Add ground beef or turkey and seasoning and cook until just browned.
2) Remove meat from heat and set aside.
3) Chop green onions in small rounds
4) Fill avocado half with meat, top with green onions and cheese
Making these three different avocado lunches are simple and won’t take much time the night before. The best part, is you can make these lunches the night before, keep them in your refrigerator overnight, and store them in your freezable lunch bag to keep it cool the next day.
Use #packitrecipe if you try out this recipe and post it on social! We want to hear what you thought of the recipe and see how you mastered this healthy meal prep yourself!
Find similar articlesMeal Prep Recipes