As a parent, I like making sandwiches because it's easy to make, cheap and tasty, but our kids may not like it for lunch every day.
So how can we keep this easy-to-make lunch item not so boring?
Use cookie cutters!
Here is what you need to pack this fun and easy lunch for you or for your kids:
- PackIt Flex Bento Container
- Different cookie cutter shapes
- Veggie sticks (I used red peppers, jicama and carrots)
- Ranch dressing (use any favorite dip or sauce)
- Pretzels or any yummy snack of your choice
- Sandwich ingredients (I used 4 slices of organic bread, nitrate-free deli meat and cheddar cheese)
- Thin spread of dressing like mustard or mayonnaise for extra flavor and to help keep the sammies together
HOW TO PACK A PACKIT FLEX BENTO CONTAINER:
The dividers are bendable and allow you to create unique compartments. And the dip cup is leak-proof
- Decide what spaces you need for your meal and snacks
- Keep the first divider straight and slide onto the posts
- Bend the second divider and slide onto posts
- Place the leak-proof dip cup
- Place veggie sticks in the first section created with the straight divider
- Pour the ranch dressing into the dip cup
- Add pretzels in the section where the bendable divider is placed
- Make 2 sandwiches
- Take cookie cutters and cut out shapes. Depending on the size of the shapes, you can get 2 shapes from each sandwich
- Pack the fun sammies in the larger section
Voila! Lunch is done.
Just freeze the bag overnight, pack your PackIt Flex Bento Lunch, a drink and go. No ice packs needed!
Please share your favorite lunch recipes!