Dilemma: You're heading out to a party soon but completely forgot to prepare a side dish you'd promised to bring. Don't stress—we've got your back. Just pull together this super-easy spin on guacamole, then watch your friends devour it within seconds of taking it out of your PackIt.
- 2 whole avocados
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion, diced
- 2 tbsp onion, diced
- 1/3 c tomatoes, diced
- 1 ear of corn on the cob
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1/2 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp jalapeño pepper, finely diced (optional)
- On a bbq or stove top, grill the ear of corn to your liking. (We like any these three methods from Serious Eats.) Let cool slightly, then slice the corn off the cob and set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and green onion in a small bowl or on a small plate and mix well.
- Combine the garlic or garlic powder, salt, pepper and jalapeño (if using) in another small bowl and stir to mix seasonings well.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop the avocado meat out and place into a medium-sized bowl. Begin to slice the avocado using the side of a fork without mashing it until it's broken up into small pieces.
- Squeeze half of the lime into the bowl of avocado, then add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, green onion and grilled corn into the avocado bowl and mix well.
- Begin to sprinkle the seasonings over the avocado mixture little by little to distribute the flavors evenly. Then, squeeze the remaining half of the lime over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Grab a bag of your favorite tortilla chips and dig in!